Tent Canada is a coalition of more than 30 major companies from across the country stepping up to help refugees enter the labor market through job preparation and employment.
By joining Tent Canada, companies will have access to:
- Tailored advice for companies on how to set up successful refugee-hiring programs
- Resources, trainings, and best practices, distilled from Tent’s global network of companies and tailored to the Canadian context
- Peer-to-peer learning and regular convenings with member companies
- Recommendations on best-in-class partners that can connect companies to refugee talent
- Opportunities to coordinate with other companies to overcome structural challenges to hiring and integrating refugees
- Tent’s professional mentorship programs, which pair employees with refugees
- Communications guidance and opportunities to amplify companies’ efforts
A Global Leader in Refugee Resettlement
Since the 1980s Canada has welcomed more than 1 million refugees – from countries including Syria, Eritrea, and Venezuela. In addition, in response to recent crises, Canada has welcomed hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians, and tens of thousands of Afghan refugees. As all refugees have the right to work in Canada, the business community has a critical role to play in helping refugees to economically integrate into their new communities.
Companies Across Canada Are Stepping Up
Dozens of leading companies have already joined Tent Canada, exploring concrete opportunities to help refugees enter the labor market by preparing them for jobs or employing them.