By Missão Paz
Employing refugees and asylum seekers, including vulnerable Venezuelans, is an impactful and sustainable way for companies to support this population and benefit their business at the same time. The Employers’ Guide to Hiring Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Brazil is a practical toolkit intended to help employers who are interested in hiring refugees and asylum seekers but don’t know where to start. The guide is intended to help companies design and implement employment programs that will be maximally successful for employers and employees alike. It contains essential information related to refugee recruitment and employment, including:
- Information on the Venezuelan refugee crisis and the refugee and asylum seeker populations in Brazil
- The business benefits of hiring refugees and asylum seekers
- Best practices for recruiting refugees and asylum seekers
- Common barriers – and solutions – to hiring and integration
- Case studies from companies hiring refugees and asylum seekers, including vulnerable Venezuelans, in Brazil
This guide was a collaboration between the Tent Partnership for Refugees and Missão Paz, a São Paulo-based organization that supports refugees and other immigrants in Brazil, with support from UNHCR Brazil.