PRESS RELEASE: Tent Partnership for Refugees expands European footprint with new hires across the continent
New York, September 8, 2022 – Today, the Tent Partnership for Refugees (Tent) – a network of over 260 major companies committed to economically integrating refugees in their new communities – is announcing its expansion in five new European markets, with country directors joining its growing team in France, Poland, Spain, Sweden, and the UK. These new hires join Tent directors in Germany and the Netherlands to bolster the organisation’s ability to serve companies across Europe in their efforts to hire, train, or otherwise include refugees.
“Since hiring our first member of staff in the Netherlands four years ago, our network of companies has grown rapidly across Europe – and demand for our services has never been greater,” said Gideon Maltz, Executive Director at Tent. “Today, we’re proud to count nearly 80 major Europe-headquartered companies in the Tent Partnership, and serve many other multinationals with operations across the continent with their refugee inclusion efforts. We’re thrilled to welcome our new European colleagues to the Tent family – this is an important step in our mission to reduce barriers for companies to hire refugees, ensuring they can lead lives of dignity in their new communities.”
Tent’s new country directors include:
- Amaia Elizalde, Director for Spain, who previously worked on corporate partnerships at EADA Business School, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN), and the United Nations International Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Jen Stobart, Director for the UK, who led partnerships and strategic transformation initiatives at a number of nonprofits, most recently at Save the Children, and was previously a consultant at Accenture
- Karin Heri, Director for Sweden, who joins Tent from Malmö Football Club, where she was head of corporate social responsibility and sustainability, and led initiatives on refugee inclusion and employment
- Paulina Jaworska, Director for Poland, who joins Tent after holding a variety of leadership roles across brand, events, and marketing at BMW in Poland
- Yasmine Leroux, Director for France, who will join Tent in October from software company Aircall, where she leads strategic partnerships with major businesses
In addition, Philip Kyle will join Tent as Communications Lead for Europe, having previously led Euronews’s public relations efforts, and holding positions at the BBC, the European Parliament, and the Prince’s Trust.
As part of its growth efforts, Tent is continuing to hire for roles in Europe and around the world. To find out more about these open positions, visit tent.org/careers/.
– ENDS –
+1 (917) 475 9727
About the Tent Partnership for Refugees
With more and more refugees displaced for longer periods of time, businesses have a critical role to play in helping refugees integrate economically in their new host communities. The Tent Partnership for Refugees mobilizes the global business community to improve the lives and livelihoods of more than 36 million refugees who have been forcibly displaced from their home countries. Founded by Chobani’s founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya in 2016, we are a network of over 260 major companies committed to including refugees. Tent believes that companies can most sustainably support refugees by leveraging their core business operations – by engaging refugees as potential employees, entrepreneurs, and consumers. The full list of Tent members can be found here. Find out more at www.tent.org.